Self Challenge 1 PS

11:21 AM





Now that midterms is over, I decided to try making a pic with PS by following a tutorial :)

The Original tutorial was supposed to be like this




HA! Want to play spot the difference?

Some of the takeaways I had in this practice,

1. Patience is needed.
OMG. Do you know how hard it is to click pixel by pixel?? I had to zoom in alot and count the squares. That itchy feeling when you are trying to aim to click on the right square. Its like that itchy feeling you get inside your body when someone points on your forehead while you are sitting on a chair and you try to stand up. (Do you know its damn difficult to stand up if someone presses on your forehead ??? Try it ) Im not sure whether there is a easier way to draw but I have definitely done it in the hard way. Creating images pixel by pixel is really like trying to draw Mona Lisa by shading  your OAS/Bubble sheet...or maybe drawing using the chinese foolscap paper.


2. Troubleshooting is important. 

Are there any easy ways to resize what i have drawn?? After clicking a thousand clicks, I realised that I have drawn the BE logo too big. I tried to resize it but then it seems to have a blurish effect. ... :(
And each time I drew wrongly, I always tend to click a few more pixels to try to make the wrong pixel dun look so off ...like an anomaly, but then I will end up still wanting to delete it. Hmmmm..  Ctrl Z doesnt really work well...I have to go to History to delete wad I have done wrongly a few steps before.

Lesson learnt. Always correct your mistake on the spot. Dun wait. 

3. Math gone wrong. Well, in case u didnt realise, my meter bars frame actually have a small darker shade of dot every 5 pixel. I didnt realise that I counted wrong and did one part with 6 pixels in between and then the rest of them went off. :( So I had to redo. Since when my math so bad ah?
Is there any way I can programme this thing such that it will color for me by following formulas or sth. LOL.


4.An eye for details. 

All those photoshoppers out there must be really meticulous ppl. I didnt realise that my color bars actually have so many details. So many different colors and shadows and highlights when it looks really simple on the outside. And the brown leather strap as well. And that folded corner of the paper...and the colors for the chain. 


5. Color Combi matters. 

Well besides being detailed, one must be good at choosing colors eh? A different shade makes a difference. I tried so many colors just to create the BE logo gradient effect which is not well done but then I had fun. Its the only part where I dun follow the colors suggested by the tutor because it is not in his/her original pic u see.
Oh yes and the books and pencil, I drew it with freestyle. But I did redo it many times because the books look really ugly. I wanted to do a open book image but it is too hard to draw and I cant imagine it in my head so it ended up liddat. The pencil as well, I wanted to draw a slanted pencil then again it is too difficult to create it pixel by pixel. Afterwards, towards the end as I am about to save this pic,  I realise I can actually slant this current straight pencil (which is much easier to draw) just by rotating. ._. But Im too lazy. LOL.

6. Text and Fonts matters as well

My text looks blurry because my comp, for some weird reason, is unable to load the Small font as suggested by the person. Any suggestions to how I can have sharper looking text??? 

7. Copy-and-Paste Wins

I thought I finished everything then I realise I didnt draw the paper for the Study and BE logos. And I know that I cannot simply copy the one that says GPA and CCA and stretched it because it will look blurry, I am lazy to redraw again.
Thus, me the genius decided to cut up the pics and copy paste copy paste copy paste until I get it bigger.


Thats it to this post. Oh, I love the cursor by the way hahaha. I wanted to create one that points middle finger instead HAHAHHAA BADASSS......but nahhhh. Lets not be so crude. 



You Might Also Like

1 comments