Kidleidoscope

1:17 PM


Sorry that I hiatus on my taiwan posts for damn long I know... But I shall continue with a post camp post first because this camp is so awesome that I cannot afford to not post about it. For Taiwan post, I still working on it ah...really believe me. Its slow because of the photos...haiz.


ANW.


Let me start off with how I joined this camp. I attended the C4SR talk with Dino on one fateful day 12 July 2013 then we got introed to all kinds of camps targeting freshmen like me with their presentations and all. I must say I wasnt paying much attention because I see all the camps seem to clash with my schedule. I initially thought I secured a job from 31 Jul to Aug 12 and I have so many dance practices on weekends. Therefore I just mentally erased all those camps that clashes with weekends. Dino was telling me that many people are interested in joining the Starring camp. It seems fun too but the thing is that there are too many dates that I have to turn up for. Then i see this brochure of Kscope camp which only has a 2day 1 night camp. Wah not bad. Then the presenter was so funny telling us about how the camp is going to be hippie with all the tie dying and silk screening and RUNNING MAN and FOOD HUNT. My eyes light up at the runningman game AHAHAHA. FOOD HUNT sounds great too. Basically it comprises of all the activities in this short camp. CHOP. I decided to join this camp.


( even though I also sign up for both starring and kscope at their booths. but i am fated to go kscope la. Because my sundays schedule wont be messed up)


Dino didnt join the camp with me so I actually signed up this camp on my own??!!! I feel damn brave.

After the Asoc camp, I learnt how to pack minimal stuff for camp LOL. The Asoc camp bag really very convenient yo.

19 Jul 2013

So I turn up in the morning on the dot but got confused while taking attendance because I dunno which color tee I am suppose to get. I heard a RED TEE ( I dunno what happened to my ears because red tee is actually for org comm or sth) I stood aside looking as blur as I can because I have no green shirt. Turns out that I got sorted into the RED CLAN GROUP 1 and I got my fave color green shirt to change into. YAY.


YES THE GREEN SHIRT GIRL IS ME... looking blur

After that we went to the sports hall and I had a hard time looking for group 1 because there is no obvious indicator where they are LOL.

Some nice facis guided me to the right group and I see 2 guys and 1 girl??!!

Then i guess someone helped to take a photo.




Everyone was introing their name but I couldnt hear their names properly, and we have 3 facis??!! so many for such a small group of people. ( first impressions yo) I pretended I can hear everyone but actually I only can hear zhilin and weihan or sth. Cos they were the ones sitting right beside me. Soon, more ppl came and then we started playing some circle games. I only rmbed playing --- Charades and I have never.


Charades was pretty fun, we were split into two groups and the facis gave us some words to act it out ....like...Finding Nemo, Justin Bieber, David Beckham, Running Man, Titanic, the last one took as some time LOL. It was The Incredibles. We keep thinking of some Avengers or sth.


I HAVE NEVER RAWKS

I love this game because I will always win.

I have never done alot of things leh.




Then we start to play some mass games because the emcee says so. I was worried that we play some very hard game yo because I suck at games and I scared forfeit. Turns out to be Squirrel Tree Hunter game.

Mentally let a sigh of relief because this game always can get a whole group to die together so forfeit most likely to be a group one eh? This game actually quite lame but I guess everyone is quite cooperative and the lazy dead atmosphere seems to be lifted by alot. And special mention to ZHILIN who survived this game for so long eh!

#Specs Vs No Specs Vs Take off specs to pretend no specs

#Gwiyomi
#Slippers

Very soon we went to take our bags...put bags at classrooms ( I have recollection of what i did during the trip there) Im glad that our group got few girls -- Zhilin and Geokmin and Me only

AND WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON

We kope the window seats and then set off for our Silk Screening

LOL. Oh before that, I mentioned to a faci that I brought my school uniform to do tiedye and she was like Wah U love ur school so much ah? Which school are u from?

Guess what?


We same school. T.T

So touched.
First time see Rvian at SMU.
Gonna cry.

#bernicethelawstudent


The facis collected 3 dollars from us. then found out that actually is 10 dollars. so we had some fun collecting money and returning money LOL.

In fact there is no need to collect money la. We didnt know we so cheapskate LOL


Eh dun have much photos of us doing silk screening but I have to say we are the most efficient group.


Silk Screening


1. Get a Silk taped on a frame firmly...must have tension

2. Paint ur acryllic paint on the silk
3. Ensure no holes...the paint must put gao gao. (thick thick)
4. let it dry
5. Put a piece of plastic in your shirt ( so that paint wont seeep through)
6. Put frame on ur shirt, in line with the plastic
7. Put paint on silk and spread evenly
8. Take out frame and plastic
9. Let it dry

#artistzhilin

#draws on newspaper
#pours water on table
#never realise about mirror image issues

#brokenheart

#triangleone
























Followed by silkscreening is the tiedying, I shall post the video that i cannot find currently which teaches you the basic steps to tiedying. It is really quite easy to learn but hard to master.

After the silkscreening, the FOOD HUNT STARTS. But before that we did the complicated money thingy.
#Can you see me????





After the artncraft session, the FOOD HUNT STARTS. But before that we did the complicated money thingy.

The game started soon with a clue that until now idek how to solve it. It is at Raffles Place.
#Klinsen and Joel stares 深情ly at the money note
#Song lookes like he talking behind Martin's back

Weihan the GPS volunteered to lead us there with his shortcut because he works there before or sth.
Our sightseeing trip starts like this.
:D

On the way, we took photos like some tourist groups while Weihan explains so many things that I couldnt absorb much , like a tourguide.



Even though we are in a rush but we see Sir Raffles of course must take photo. LOL 


IMMA SO SHORT LOL

Then we finally arrived at the first station that makes us realise how cheapskate we were.
We need to find something Long Skinny And Yellow and everyone must have one of that item each.
We basically just buy a cup of cupnoodles and took one strand each. LOL.
Wad. Other groups buy like a bag of jagabee each???
Applause people... applause.



Then we had to find an old couple and take five fun shots with them....within 10 mins.


Where were we again? RAFFLES PLACE. HOW TO FIND SIOL.

But we did.







YAY WE SO CREATIVE IN OUR POSES RIGHT.. not. LOL

 I like the point to camera shot the most because it reminds me of Yushan LOL.

Next clue we got from this station is this freaking alien language card.


Use google translate and we miss the bonus timing by a bit. Apparently it is at Orchard Central the skygarden or sth. HOW ON EARTH WE CAME TO THE CORRECT ANS I DUNNO.
I am seriously impressed.

We then realise that we dun have a cheer for bonus points. But we (actually Weihan) made one up instantly that involved lots of clapping LOL

*CLAPSSSSSS FOR ETERNITY*
We are One
Number one
Always will be Number ONE

*CLAPSSSSSS FOR ETERNITY AGAIN*

So we took the MRT this time round, to Somerset.
And of course we have to take a photo everywhere we go. 

SEE HOW WE ALL FIT INTO ONE ROW


Then we reach the station and had to take a photo of a nasi lemak stall and play guess the fruit game.
They use the fruit to caress our nose while we are blindfolded. We only got it correct at the second guess.
#Kiwi
Next mission is to buy kiwi and everyone has to have one each.
Guess what.
Our group bought one  slice of kiwi chopped up in many pieces and each hold one tiny piece each.
#imba savers
#twistingaroundrulesmakesthegamemorefun

Moving on to the next station >> Iluma aka Bugis+
Before that, our group so chillax decided to eat at Orchard Central 

Some ate beehoon, some ate nasi lemak, some at laksa. I ate laksa...



Hi Bernice!
Some peeps bought Gongcha...which proves to be useful later on.
After that the scouting duo aka SongnAndy went to search for bus stop.

#SCOUTINGDUO
#Dunnowhentheytookthisphoto just add it here


So we took bus to Bugis...to play some funny action charades. We damn zai cos we practiced charades during our introduction time in the morning~~
The title of the song which we are supposed to guess is London Bridge is Falling Down. which became very off halfway as we pass it down. It looks like we are doing this raining action instead. ( the "pointing to the bridge linking iluma and bugis action" was lost halfway but got revived by Song or Joel)
But for some funny reason the last person ...who was it? Song? Joel? Got it right. wtf. I hands down to them.
I guess they heard something from the back but they totally put on this poker face and insist that they figured out themselves. I choose to believe they got the answer by their genius minds.

Then we had to buy food each that starts with R. and everyone muz have that food.
So we play the same stunt again......Rice.
( I was actually thinking of getting some raspberry mochi wtf)
Rice. It didnt even occur to me at that point that Rice starts with a R.
So the scoutingduo chiong and got a pack of rice and we had to take a photo to promote it.

HOLY RICE THEME SHOT. ( looks like we giving offerings to some deity)



MY RICE SHOT


We then had to piece this jigsaw puzzle that took us quite a long time to figure it out what it was even though we knew it was at Millenia Walk ( how we noe it is millenia walk?  heh heh dun tell u)




So like a finally when we finished, we took a bus to Millenia walk but the uncle obviously forgot to alight us so we had to alight one stop ahead.

Its sad that i couldnt find photos for this station. But we had to find take photo of 4 food from each of the category below and must have the physical food for the last category.

Staple ---- WE ALL HAVE THE RICE from the previous station. NO NEED BUY

Fast food --- photo of subway
Snack --- photo of  our cupnoodles? (did i imagine this myself)
Dessert - photo of a food from a dessert shop
Drink ( issit? i cannot rmb) -- photo of someones gongcha

Then we had to sing twinkle twinkle little star with Klinsen being our dear maestro/conductor

We took freaking long to get the eureka moment.
Then me n zhilin had to be blindfolded to touch this clue card for the blind ppl. the answer was HELIX.
I didnt even get to realise it was an H when zhilin shout the full answer.
LOL.
Then in order to get bonus points, our group drew Kscope with our butts but WHERE IS THE VIDEO? I WANT TO SEE.

Next stop >> Helix bridge.

By now my stamina gone by 50 percent for ur info.

We see ppl looking weirdly at collages of photo. but...we just note it down mentally.

While running/crossing/crawling(me)  the Helix bridge, someone (i think is Andy) suddenly got overwhelmed by the fantabulous scenery and decided to take a group photo.

And so we did.


So we reached the station and saw this two faciss...

#LOOK AT MY CUPNOODLE
#LOOK AT GM RICE (Lol sounds like Genetically Modified Rice)





Then we got the mission to find this lady in the sea of collage.

OKCAN. NEED TO CRAWL/ROLL DOWN the BRIDGE AGAIN.



AND WE FOUND HER

THIS MEANS WE HAVE ANOTHER REASON TO TAKE PHOTO AS A GROUP

#mostziliangroupeva #betucannotseeme


We had to crawl up the bridge again, ( only me actually) and I am beginning to dislike this bridge LOL because of smu camps i have to run back and forth on this bridge dunno how many times already.

The following mission is to find a food that starts with the letter which is the last letter of the first food that we bought. (< very cheem sentence) 

#RECAP
First Food: Noodle

#Mission: Find the food that starts with a E. And everyone muz have one of the food.

The funny now is that we are at MBS (Marina Bay Sands) and I could not think of any food that starts with E. But the scoutingduo already chiong down to the foodcourt.

and we get......*drumrolls* 

EGG!
Like wtf right?
The game masters were totally giving us the stun look. EGG...chopped into pieces summore.



#EVERYONE LAUGHING AT OUR OWN CHEAPSKATENESS
#MY FACE LOOKS DAMN CREEPY 
#WHERE IS MY FACE? AT THE LEFT OF THE PIC



#PHOTO OF US HOLDING OUR PROUD EGGS
#SOUNDS WRONG
#WHY KLINSEN LOOK WRONG DIRECTION
#LOOK AT HOW MUCH I TIPTOED




#I DUNNO WAD WE DOING
#WHY ANDY ON HIS OWN AT THE RIGHT











#FAKECAPTION: SONG: WHY AM I OUTSIDE THE CIRCLE DISCUSSION ?! HMPH!

YAY. Then we requested for the bonus points task from Martin and he wanted two volunteers.


One guy one girl. (When u hear this means it doesnt sounds so easy ah)

Someone pushed Weihan to the front and we three girls just stare at each other for a while before GM bravely step out to volunteer herself.
GM shld be crowned the 女神!!!
So just as I expected, they had to do this slowmotion dramatic run to each other from far distances and then hug each other skit. ( Cause I witness the other group doing this stunt too)


#EVERYONE SAT DOWN TO TAKE VID/PHOTO and WATCH SHOW


#LOOK HOW SUPPORTIVE WE ARE
# EVERYONE FISHES OUT THEIR PHONE


All i have to say is...WELL DONE GM and WEIHAN!!! LOL (Where is the vid?)
Then we went outside to do the awkward clapping cheer again...

In order to prepare for awkwardness...we took damn long to get ready


#PREPAREDTOCLAP (not me though, I look stun)



So we cleared this station and we have to go Raffles City as our next station if I am not wrong. TOOK A BUS THERE if i rmbed correctly.
Unfortunately there isnt any photos and our mission is just to buy dunno how many different types of cuisine....(until here i actually wonder if i rmbed this wrongly. becos it seems like i did this for another camp)

OKAY.

After damn long, the scoutingduo arrived victoriously with good deals and we RAN BACK TO SCHOOL.
and we were one of the first few( I THINK)

*pats everyone back for being so cooperative and fun*

BATHING TIME.
We bathed at the gym i guess? The plus point of being the first few is that you can take your own sweet time to bathe and not having to queue. Unlike the asoc camp which is so packed, we only had 10 mins to bathe and exceeding that will cost u points taken away from your group( but i doubt so)

So we chill after we bathe and I cannot rmb much about what we did.
Oh we played GAMES LOL at the benches at basement below SOE
FTB Run 1 ppl taught us how to play the coconut, superman and ahgua game earlier and we played it again.....and also we played the Something Tempo Ready Go game ( we practiced this beforehand because we want to make Jonsong forfeit and we also practice acting how we didnt know this game) 
This game seems to be easier than we thought for Jonsong since he is so bad at names. so we upgraded to the 8 times version.

Soon after that.....
I guess it is dinner time!!!

I didnt take photo of my dinner but i did take photo of the caterer label.
Everyone ate different things, and i chose the vegetarian version...
BUT IS THAT 虾米 in my noodles???
FYI, vegetarian not supposed to have garlic, leek, onion in their food yo.


#STAMFORD CATERING i think
The food is nice! i have to say



Next we got our LAOBAN TOUHUA sponsor YAY
Totally craving for some soya products at the moment.
But it was torturous to stare my taohuey for so long before we get the permission to eat them together.

#EVERYONE LAOBAN TGT AT THE SAME TIME
#SO BLISSFUL

I rmbed laughing at Jonsong because he got this damn funny expression for his laobanphotomoment.

#POSETOEAT




#GROUPSHOTWITHOUTANDY
#LAOBAN又嫩又滑真好吃



After dinner we proceed to the sports hall for some group videoing AHAH
To thank our sponsors
I cant believe we actually did spin a video out so fast. Thanks to Klinsen!
He is like very serious and professional guiding us all.
HERES OUR VID!

#SERIOUS DISCUSSION
#Phones all surrendered in the middle cos we bonded liddat





#Snaps of us trying the earphones..

Next we went off to make our silk screening shirts for the runningman game the next day..
Zhilin the artist didthe most work with her masterful paint spreading skill ahahaha
We realise that our words ONE will become mirror imaged on our shirt...so we inverted the triangle instead.
I only rmbed myself doing eyepower and koping paint from other groups.
The red paint looks like some delicious jam to me. LOL
WHY I SO FAST HUNGRY AHAHA

#Master at work
#Someone's arm at the bottom left hand corner looks like Jon's thighs



YAY OUR SHIRTS ARE DONE!! SO SIMPLE AND NICE.
But my dad says that it looks creepy because the red part looks like hair and the triangles look like a face. OMG. DAMN SCARY.

Speaking of scary, while we were doing the silk screening, the Starring ppl were preparing for their Fright Night. There was this girl with a creepy mask and a red cloak over floating around. Everyone wanted to crash their frightnight. But not me, because i no balls LOL.
Asoc camp frightnight is enuf for me....I was elated that the org comm didnt allow us to crash other peeps frightnight LOL. Sho Shorry Guys. I spoil the fun muahahahahhahahahha.


#THIS PHOTO WITHOUT ME
#COS I ALWAYS MIA...


Then it is chillax time and we gathered in a circle to HTHT. But most of us were hungry so the scoutingduo went to buy macdonalds for us ahahahaha..
So we chatted about some serious stuff which I did not contribute much but just listened. Quite interesting to hear other ppl's intellectual thoughts . I think our HTHT is the most 正经 one eva.  How about BTBT?
Brain To Brain talk.

We decided to sleep at around 3am? not as late as i expected. but yea.
There isnt aircon for us but we had a fan. Most of the people from our group went to another SR so we almost had the room to ourselves.

I seriously hoped i didnt snore. OOPS lol. I pretty much slept quite well.

DAY 2

We woke up quite early and brushed up quite fast and we were one of the first (again) to reach the breakfast area. Our group loves our efficiency.

The breakfast totally surprised me. I didnt expect to eat this for breakfast.  It is too little for me but nice.

My Pick--- Cheese Cake



Oh there is also a cup of milo which some of us laughed at the color... turns out that it looks diluted because all the powder below la....
Some photographer love our group ( me) and took the most artistic photos of me eating unglamly.


1 
#ME TRYING TO CLOSE MY MOUTH BEFORE THE PHOTOGRAPHER SEES MY MOUTH OF FOOD
#WHY GM AND ZL LOOK SO CUTE AND HAPPY EATING AHAHAH
#WHY ANDY SO BUSHUANG? LIKE AS IF I STOLE HIS FOOD


2
#ME PUTTING FOOD IN MY MOUTH LIKE SOME HUNGRY WOMAN. ( I AM )
#KLINSEN LOOKS LIKE HE FAINTED OF HUNGER BECAUSE I STOLE HIS FOOD



Because the small breakfast really cannot fill our stomachs, the scoutingduo and Jiayi i think went to Kopitiam to buy us dimsum YAY. But i only ate the bao.

Then some people asked us to take the Singapore flag and do a short video to wish Singapore Happy Birthday and our group excitedly cooperate because we love to take photos and videos together ahahaha





Soon after this we have our station games, in which we have to be in pairs and each pair has to put on paper handcuffs. Just like runningman. The facis will be coming to break our handcuffs as we move to each station. It is all so excited and thrilling cos we all like James Bond liddat looking around for any sneaky facis.
We also squat down at the traffic light to be off sight of any facis. It was quite a sight to see the whole group of us squatting at the traffic light, hiding behind the bushes and waving to people in buses and cars while we wait for the green man to come.

Me and Klinsen handcuffs kena broken by Fatboy. OMG he so scary and strong and fast. He should be Sparta. The first karate chop by him only broke the handcuff by a bit, then we foolishly declare to him that the handcuff didnt break and he did another chop again. And it tore. OKCAN.

Backtrack a bit, our first task was to untangle ourselves before we can move off to the first station. Surprisingly, our group was almost the last ( i think we are the last) because we kept getting double circles.
It is impossible to untangle ourselves at all. LOL. See? So many photos below means the photographer spend alot time with us and had nothing to do but only take photos.






The second station i guess was the Egg game. Which our group totally owns. Erm there isnt any photo of us playing this so i just post this photo.

Two groups have to send one person each to one end. And at the cue of the faci, both person have to run to the center to grab the eggs. The one who grabs the egg first will get to answer a question. If you answer it correctly, the other party will have to smash the egg against their own forehead. If you answer wrongly you have to smash it on ur forehead luh.

Apparently our group girls have the death touch and the brains. AHAHAHA
And our group guys have the brains or lady luck.

Because our guys get the hard boiled smashed on their heads only
and our girls always pick the raw egg and answer the qn correctly ( = the other group has to smash the raw egg on their head)




Next we played this landmine game that gave me quite an interesting experience...I felt super annoyed at how i could not see a thing and have to hear tons of voices shouting at me.  I can hear them shout but i couldnt figure out what they was shouting LOL.
I practically mouthed the Eff word throughout me being blindfolded. Haiz.







The next game is Dodgeball where I was made the BOSS because i am the smallest size. Hey i didnt know i was a boss too. This game gave me alot of sense of security ahaha So many ppl protecting me.
But I couldnt dodge effectively if i am stuck to a corner LOL. But we lost this game because we had too many ppl out of the game even though the Boss is still alive. 

Again no pic of us so i shall post one random photo of other group playing this game.


Then we proceed to a classroom to play this building of a house game...
I volunteered to be blindfolded and we had to listen to the handicapped to give us instructions to build the house.




We won this game because we are so fast and efficient and we got more correct pieces than the other group. YAY. I took quite long to piece the things tgt becos I couldnt figure out a technical problem for some time.



Next we have the marsh mallow and spaghetti game where we have to build a tower with those marshmallow and spaghetti as high as possible and ensure that when a phone is placed on top...it doesnt topple for 30 secs LOL

Our tower quite short and we got the lightest HTC phone to be placed on top. YAY.

After the game we crown Zhilin as the most versatile player with the tower we build :D:D:D:D
The game facis kept laughing at our creativity or sth LOL.






Next up we play Runningman!!! The runningman game is between two clans. Red and Blue, as differentiated by our silkscreen shirts. Every 20 mins, there will be a wave of zombies( facis) released for 3 mins to tear everyones tag. There are 2 rounds of zombie waves. The clan with the most number of ppl and letters of KIDLEIDOSCOPE found wins the game.
AHAHAH

Red clan basically moves in such a big group and we hide at such a small space at the emergency exits for 3 freaking mins. The place turns into sauna.  Also there are ppl guarding outside the emergency doors to fend off the zombies for us ahaahha.


According to Martin, smoke emerged from the small emergency exit area when we opened the doors after 3 mins because inside was really too stuffy.
I kena tore off at the second zombie wave because the zombies were better prepared the second round and we still hide at the same hideout. They managed to break through the doors and kill us all. (see picture below)




This runningman game seriously fun and funny. I couldnt stop laughing/smiling until my face cramp. HEH
But red clan lost this game i think because we kena mass kill at the end LOL

Now the end of the whole camp liao...our zilianess reach the climax. We went to take our tiedye shirts and again take alot photos...



At first is this two guys zilian.....

Then Joel photobomb fail



Then Joel photobomb success























Then Weihan join in



Then me and GM also join in 





Then we went down to collect prize!!!! Thank you Gavio for the chio color cardholder!



We took a camp shot....!! But before that I take photo of the photographer who is taking photo of us

Then because we took so long to prepare, I decided to take photo of our group first from where we are posing...


Then here is the real camp shot...


LOVE EVERYONE IN KSCOPE YO!!!

Then when the crowd left we still continue to zilian...

The girls macho while the guys act cute and do Ahgua pose ^^




And we tried to do jump shots but to no avail.....







#Zilian photos more fun!!!!!
#ZhilinZilianRhymesbyJonsong



Then we got more free gifts!! Also must take photo!








I concluded that the giant cup is useful for catching spiders at home ( I really did)





WELL DONE ONE CHEAPSKATE!!! U DESERVE A CLAP!




Of course the fun in kscope did not end after the camp. We had beneficiary visits and dance rehersals and the very fun finale!!!
Below are the photos that previews what we did after the camps yo...Shall find time to talk about them especially the Finale..I love the finale LOL.

As I said on Fb, joining this camp is the best decision I ever made OMG. Feeling so grateful and lucky that I joined this camp even though by myself. I wasnt 'by myself' during and after the camp liao ^^

Hope we all get to see each other often during school and join the next year Kscope camp as facis and org comm!!!!!!!!! YAY

Enjoy photos below LOL.




























You Might Also Like

0 comments