Its Year End!
5:00 PM
Just got my results released yesterday and my reaction to my grades are a mix of relief and sadness at the same time. Sad because my Mpw and Finance didnt get as high as I expected but then it meant that my AIS wasn't that terrible to the end of the spectrum. Phew. But still terrible.
It has been a few weeks ever since finals ended and what have I been doing?
Nothing much.
Initially I found a job immediately after my paper ended, and I started working part time while the rest of Cheapskate were still stuck with their textbooks.
I wanted to do a reflection on all my work experiences however short, so here I am.
____________________________________________________________________
Description:
Calling up AoDaLiYa people and NiuXiLan people from 9am to 3pm.
Own time on target. But I literally chiong through the list because I am that hardworking and I do not feel good about doing my work slowly. La Mere still suggested that I read a book while I work.
No. LOL. I cannot live with the guilt of getting caught by anyone that I am skiving even though it seems okay because practically no one was monitoring me. I will have myself coming up with an imaginery boss that might pop out any moment to check on me.
I did not even surf the web despite granted a computer with wifi connection. ( Actually I didnt know that no password was needed if not I might actually... surf)
So basically I can read off this script in one breath as long as I get through to them after many smart call transfers. No persuasion. No promoting. Just inform nia.
Things I learnt:
- Be Sensitive to Timezone differences.
- Success rate higher if you avoid lunch hours. ( Well this is pretty obvious but not when u have left a list of only Aodaliya numbers and then you can't possibly just stupidly call them during their lunch hours. So what I did was to find out which numbers have timezone diff that is not having lunch first. Basically the starting number is quite a good estimate of the zone area they are at)
- Answering Machine voice Vs Real Person voice detection. (Most of the time I start rattling off once I hear someone pick up but then it turns out to be the answering machine -.- , but I had to rattle off because apparently my phone has some lag after I speak and when they actually hear me. Once they hear 1 second of silence after they speak they will put down the phone. So the voice detection skill is important to make sure I rattle off at the right voice and at the right time)
- Change the script accordingly (WHY ISST RAINING NOW AS I TYPE THIS. OMG I STILL NEED TO GO FOR LESSON ARGHHH)
Oh yes Change the script content because I realise that people are more interested in hearing what relates to them. ( Truth is that one person scolded me on the phone because what I am asking them to do does not seems to relate to her and she thinks that I am a spammer) So even though the call is to ask them to do the same thing, my self introduction varies so that within a short time, I can relay my message without them getting mad at my random calls and they actually get what I am saying. How do I vary my content? I see their jobscope.
- That NiuXiLan people are more casual or less particular than Aodaliya people. This is a very vague and generalizing statement. But its because I find that Aodaliya people are quite careful and they always question my purpose of call. Whereas Niuxilan people they just put me through and sometimes gimme their mobile number when they are not around. That's quite dangerous actually.
- Aodaliya people have this weird slur in tone when they say, so What is the email regarding~~~~~. LOL. I find it funny all the time.
- In order to shorten the phone call duration, which 20 seconds can be spent on me saying whats my name ( despite already me not using my real name) I chose a name that is more impactful. Jessy. LOLOL. The first name i chose was Clara. But I realise that the way we pronounce the 'a' is very different across countries.
- Waiting to the end of the call will transfer you to operator. Fun fact.
____________________________________________________________________
Okay I am going to be late already so that is all for now. And I am going to show you a sneak peak of the next post.
#Justbecause

1 comments
what's the difference between NXL and ADLY peeps
ReplyDelete